Golden State Stimulus 2: When Will I Get It?
The Golden State Stimulus payment program has been a lifeline for many Californians struggling financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Following the success of the initial stimulus program, the state government has recently announced the launch of the Golden State Stimulus 2. This program aims to provide additional financial support to eligible residents, but many are curious about when they can expect to receive their payments. In this article, we will explore the timeline for the Golden State Stimulus 2 and answer some frequently asked questions.
Timeline for Golden State Stimulus 2:
The California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) has provided a timeline for the distribution of the Golden State Stimulus 2 payments. Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
1. October 15, 2021: The FTB will start issuing direct deposits to eligible recipients who have already filed their 2020 tax returns. This includes those who have already received their Golden State Stimulus payment in the first phase.
2. October 29, 2021: Paper checks will begin to be mailed out to individuals who are eligible for the Golden State Stimulus 2 but have not provided direct deposit information to the FTB.
3. November 30, 2021: The FTB aims to complete the distribution of all Golden State Stimulus 2 payments by this date.
It is important to note that these dates are subject to change, and the FTB will update their website with any modifications or delays.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Am I eligible for the Golden State Stimulus 2?
To be eligible for the Golden State Stimulus 2, you must meet certain criteria. Generally, you must be a California resident, have a Social Security Number (SSN), file your 2020 tax return, and have an adjusted gross income of $75,000 or less for individuals or $150,000 or less for joint filers. Additionally, you must not be eligible to be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer.
2. Will I receive the Golden State Stimulus 2 if I received the first Golden State Stimulus payment?
Yes, if you were eligible for and received the first Golden State Stimulus payment, you will automatically be considered for the Golden State Stimulus 2. However, please note that the eligibility criteria for the two programs may differ slightly.
3. Can I track the status of my Golden State Stimulus 2 payment?
Yes, the FTB provides an online tool called “Where’s My CA Golden State Stimulus?” that allows you to check the status of your payment. This tool will provide updates on when your payment was issued and if there are any issues that need to be resolved.
4. What should I do if I haven’t received my Golden State Stimulus 2 payment?
If you believe you are eligible for the Golden State Stimulus 2 but have not received your payment by the expected distribution dates, it is recommended to first check the “Where’s My CA Golden State Stimulus?” tool mentioned earlier. If the tool does not provide any helpful information, you can contact the FTB directly for further assistance.
5. Are there any other financial resources available for Californians?
Yes, aside from the Golden State Stimulus program, there are various other resources available to Californians facing financial hardship. These include unemployment benefits, rental assistance programs, and food assistance programs. It is advisable to visit the official California government website or contact local government offices for more information on these resources.
In conclusion, the Golden State Stimulus 2 program aims to provide much-needed financial relief to eligible Californians. The timeline for distribution has been outlined by the FTB, and recipients can expect direct deposits and paper checks to be issued starting from mid-October. It is important to ensure your eligibility and track the status of your payment using the online tool provided by the FTB. If you encounter any issues, contacting the FTB directly is recommended. Remember to explore other available financial resources if needed.